Top 5 Best Cordless DrillsCompare the specifications of the top 5 best cordless drills in our comparison table below
|Best Selling||Top Rated||Best Value|
|Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 inch Compact Drill Driver Kit||Makita XPH102 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2" Hammer Driver-Drill Kit (3.0Ah)||BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver||Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill / Driver Kit||Hitachi DS18DSAL 18-Volt Lithium Ion Compact Pro Driver Drill with Flashlight|
|Rating / No. of Reviews|
|Weight||3.6 pounds||10.2 ounds||3.1 pounds||3.8 pounds||12.2 pounds|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion|
|Product Dimensions||9.88 x 13.88 x 4.25 in||16.9 x 5.6 x 13 in||3.69 x 10.62 x 8.5 in||4 x 8.94 x 7.75 in||7.7 x 3 x 9 inches|
|Warranty||3-year||3-year||2-year||2-year||Tool - Lifetime
Battery - 2-year
|Extra Features||Carry case||Built-in dual L.E.D. lights||Built-in LED light||30 accessories include drill and screwdriving bits, nut drivers, and magnetic bit tip holder||LED job light|
|***CHECK PRICE***||***CHECK PRICE***||***CHECK PRICE***||***CHECK PRICE***||***CHECK PRICE***|
What Is a Cordless Drill?
Cordless drills are used to carry out everyday drilling tasks without the need to find a power outlet. They run on rechargeable batteries with some models offering multiple battery packs which can be swapped out while on the job. Most cordless drills come with different sized drill bits which are useful for doing a variety of different jobs.
How to pick the best cordless drill?
Finding the best cordless drill can be very important for many of us, especially if you are the type of person that has a lot of projects that involves drilling. And while a regular model might work ok, a cordless drill will offer you the portability and value that you may need. It certainly pays off, and you should consider getting one if you have the finances to do so. But how can you pick the right model here?
The first thing you have to focus on is power. Usually, this type of unit has a battery voltage of around 9-18V. The higher the voltage you have, the heavier and bulkier the unit will be. Another thing to note here is that most of the best cordless drill options out there have a good handle base flare that will prevent any slippage. A T-handle is the right option here, since you have the battery inside the handle, and you do want to get the right balance.
Here it’s all about RPM. You either have less expensive models at 300 RPM or others that have 800 RPM. It all comes down to where you want to use your best cordless drill. Sometimes, carpentry and repair tasks in general need accuracy and great speed, so professionals will need a high RPM. On the other hand, a 300 RPM drill will be ok for regular users.
The clutch is mostly adjustable for the units that have it, and it also delivers an excellent motor protection. Good drills will have around 24 settings or even more than that. Again, this is very important mostly for professionals. Regular users won’t see any difference here.
See how much power is delivered by the battery. If you can find a unit with two batteries or which has a replaceable battery in its package, you should consider opting for that. The best cordless drill should include a spare battery most of the time.
The grip has to be very good, and the contour and texture of your handle should aid you in your grip. The idea is to try the grip before you purchase. It’s imperative to do that. Otherwise, results will not be as good.
A forward-reverse switch
This type of switch is very important as it allows you to track the way you use the unit easily and you can easily make any changes on the go if you want.
Try out both horizontal and vertical drilling positions
These will offer you a good understanding of how everything works and how well placed the entire system is. Usually, it should work more than ok, and the value should be great, but try to take all the options into account!
Our Pick – Top 3
- Compact, lightweight design fits into tight areas
- High performance motor delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power ability completing a wide range of applications
- High speed transmission delivers 2 speeds (0-450 & 1,500 rpm) for a range of fastening and drilling applications
- 1/2-inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck provides tight bit gripping strength.Ergonomic handle delivers comfort and control
- The battery pack is not fully charged out of the carton,refer page 2 in user manual for charging procedure.
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 480 in.Lbs. Of max torque
- Variable 2-speed design (0-600 & 0-1,900 RPM) (0-9,000 & 0-28,500 BPM) for a wide range of drilling, driving and hammer applications
- Features extreme protection technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 7-3/4" long
- Weighs only 3.9 lbs. With battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Lithium Ion Technology & 20V MAX: Lighter, more compact, no memory, longer life
- 11 Position Clutch: Provides precise control for drilling into wood, metal, plastic, and all screwdriving tasks
- Compact and Lightweight: Less fatigue and allows users to drill / screw in confined spaces
- Variable Speed: Allows countersinking without damaging material
- Ideal for drilling into wood, metal plastic and all screw driving tasks
So, if you want to find the best cordless drill, these are some of the best ideas that you can focus on. If you want to purchase the best cordless drill on the market, we recommend you to try out the units on this page as they should be able to offer you the help you need with your projects!
Last update on 2017-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API